If you love kayaking, then I believe that you are already aware that a kayak can be hard to carry, not to mention, when you need to carry it often. Even though the distance from your vehicle to the ocean is not a long one, lifting your kayak daily can result in you straining your back over time, resulting in health problems that couldn’t have arisen if you opted to use the best kayak carts.
That said, we shall present the ten best kayak carts that will help you work smart instead of working hard. These carts integrate heavy-duty frames and smooth-rolling tires to help you take the work out of hauling a large and heavy kayak. Read on.
- Table of the Best Kayak Carts Reviews
- 10. Suspenz Smart Airless DLX Wheeled Kayak Carts
- 9. ABN Universal Kayak Carrier – Trolley for Carrying Kayaks
- 8. Seattle Sports Paddleboy ATC All-Terrain Center Kayak & Canoe Dolly Carrier Cart
- 7. Wilderness Systems Heavy Duty Kayak Carts with Inflatable Beach Wheels
- 6. TMS 2 X Jon Boat Kayak Canoe Carrier – Dolly Trailer Tote Trolley Transport Cart Wheel
- 5. 1236 RAD Sportz Kayak Trolley – Kayak Carts with Tire
- 4. Seattle Sports Paddleboy ATC All-Terrain Center Kayak and Canoe Dolly Carrier Cart
- 3. Challenger Outdoors Kayak Cart Carrier Dolly with Large Balloon Tires Heavy Duty Blue Frame
- 2. Bend Kayak Canoe Boat Carrier Dolly Trailer Tote Trolley Transport Cart Wheel
- 1. New Kayak Canoe Jon Boat Carrier Dolly Trailer Tote Trolley
Table of the Best Kayak Carts Reviews
10. Suspenz Smart Airless DLX Wheeled Kayak Carts
Introducing the Suspenz Smart Airless DLX Cart, it is a durable kayak cart designed to support a weight of up to 125lbs. The cart features a powder-coated aluminum frame and stainless steel hardware. Because of this, it is resistant to rust and corrosion to guarantee durability. Additionally, it includes airless 10″ tires. These tires do not go flat for reliable performance. The durable rubber pads are another addition of the cart. The kayak rests on the pads to protect it from dents, dings, and scratches.
The kayak cart can fold down to a compact size for easy storage into the included bag. It consists of a dual-arm kickstand. The kickstand offers extra stability while loading or unloading. With plastic wheels that do not rust, this is one of the best choices for a durable kayak cart. The wheels comprise of quick-release locking pins for safety and stability. Better, there is an arched axle on the wagon to offer a better ground clearance.
- 10″ airless tires do not go flat.
- Durable rubber pads protect the boats from dents.
- Straps and buckles secure the kayak on the cart.
9. ABN Universal Kayak Carrier – Trolley for Carrying Kayaks
Take the hassle out of transporting your kayak with the ABN Universal Kayak Carrier. This is a durable carrier. It is made using high-strength anodized steel that resists rusting and corrosion. The carrier has a 200-pound weight limit, thus a perfect choice for transporting a canoe, paddleboard, float mat, or kayak. It has 9.5″ knobby tires. These tires inflate easily to guarantee easy setup. The knobby tires move smoothly across rough surfaces, making it suitable for use across the gravel, sand, or wooded surfaces.
The cart integrates oversized foam bumper pads. With these, you can protect your vessels from scratches and vents. Plus, there is a 12-feet tie-down strap. The strap secures your vessel to the kayak for secure transportation. The spring-loaded kickstand is another addition for quick and easy assembly. You can fold the carrier after use for easy transport and storage. And to enhance convenience during the storage, the wheels can be removed using a lynchpin.
- 12-foot tie-down strap secures the kayak to the cart.
- Anodized steel construction guarantees strength.
- Oversized foam bumper pads protect a kayak from scratches.
8. Seattle Sports Paddleboy ATC All-Terrain Center Kayak & Canoe Dolly Carrier Cart
The Paddleboy ATC All-Terrain Carrier Cart is one of the best choices for transporting a paddleboard, canoe, kayak, and other large crafts. It features a heavy-duty steel frame. The frame is powder-coated, thus resistant to rust and corrosion. What’s more, the carrier cart features solid urethane tires. The tires are flat-free for a smooth and solid performance. Because of the vibration-free nature of the tires, the carrier can deliver a smooth and quiet glide.
The Paddleboy Carrier cart weighs 16 lbs for easy transportation. It has a 300lbs maximum load capacity, making it suitable for transporting a variety of vessels. Equipped with a spring-loaded extra-stable kickstand, you can load and unload the kayak carrier easily. Besides, it integrates a cinch strap to hold the kayak for secure transportation. The adjustable top bars are another plus that makes it possible to load kayaks of different sizes. The tops bars are padded to protect the loaded kayak from scratches and dents.
- The heavy-duty frame enhances strengths and stability.
- Spring-loaded kickstand for easy loading and unloading
- Adjustable top bars for easy customization based on the kayak size.
- A low-profile frame breaks down for storage.
7. Wilderness Systems Heavy Duty Kayak Carts with Inflatable Beach Wheels
The Wilderness Systems is a heavy-duty kayak cart with a 330lbs weight rating. It can carry large kayaks, thanks to the marine-grade aluminum alloy frame with a high weight limit. The aluminum frame is heat-treated for superior durability. Moreover, it is lightweight for convenient carrying. The frame features pads to protect the ferried kayak from scratches and dents. Plus, its width is adjustable to prevent the kayak from slipping or twisting. The cart includes two beach wheels. The wheels are designed to roll over softly, for smooth movement over the sand.
Additionally, the cart supports two heights options. You can take advantage of the 18″ height when carrying odd-shaped hulls likely to rub on the cartwheels. On the other hand, the 16″ height is suitable when you need a lower center of gravity to protect the cart from tipping over. The cart includes security straps so that you can use them to tie the kayak to the cart to safeguard it from falling. It is highly stable to let you load and unload the kayak without the need for using a kickstand. After use, you can fold the cart compactly for storage or transport.
- Balloon-style beach wheels never go flat.
- High-strength aluminum alloy for durability.
- The padded frame protects the kayak from damage.
6. TMS 2 X Jon Boat Kayak Canoe Carrier – Dolly Trailer Tote Trolley Transport Cart Wheel
The TMS 2 X Jon Boat Kayak Canoe Carrier comes in a package that consists of two sturdy boating dollies. The dollies can haul a boat, kayak, or canoe up to 150lbs. Featuring a solid metal frame, this carrier is durable and resistant to rust and corrosion. Plus, the frames include foam bumpers. The bumpers protect the vessels from scratches and dents for durability. The carrier comes with a 12-foot tie-down strap. Using it, you can fasten the kayak to the dolly for secure transportation. It includes two sturdy double-leg kickstands for smooth loading and unloading.
The kayak carrier can move through lots of surfaces, including sand and gravel. The reason is the large pneumatic tires that offer a smooth glide. Moreover, it can carry different types of vessels by the hull in the V-shaped cradle. The carrier is equipped with a support stand that features a 9-1/4″H spring-loaded stand. Thus, it can stay in a propped position for quick onshore loading. And, the carrier can fold down into a compact size after use for secure storage.
- The solid metal frame guarantees strength.
- Double leg kickstands for easy loading
- Tie-down straps allow you to fasten the kayak on the carrier.
5. 1236 RAD Sportz Kayak Trolley – Kayak Carts with Tire
The 1236 RAD Sportz Kayak Trolley Kayak Cart is one of the best choices to make moving your canoe or kayak a breeze. It features 9.5″ pneumatic tires. Using these, you can haul the heaviest loads on any surface. Additionally, the cart has a 150lbs capacity. Because of this, it is suitable for carrying the largest kayaks and canoes from the water. The cart comes with tie-down straps. Thus, you can secure your vessel on the cart for secure transportation.
Also, it includes a double kickstand. The benefit of this is the ability to offer extra stability when mounting the kayak. The rubber cushions on the frame are another addition. These protect the kayak or canoe from scratches and dents. Plus, the cart is made using aluminum. The aluminum is powder-coated so that it can hold up to years of use. After use, the kayak cart can fold down to a compact size for secure storage.
- Double kickstand for easy mounting of the kayak
- 5″ pneumatic tires deliver a smooth glide on any surface.
- Tie-down straps protect the kayak from falling off the trolley.
4. Seattle Sports Paddleboy ATC All-Terrain Center Kayak and Canoe Dolly Carrier Cart
The Paddleboy All-Terrain Carrier Cart is a versatile cart suitable for hauling paddleboards, canoes, lasers, Jon boats, and kayaks. It features a steel frame. The frame is powder-coated to protect it from rust and corrosion. Additionally, it includes 16″ treaded air-filled wheels. The wheels move over rutted paths to offer effortless movement over paved flat surfaces. The cart is suitable for use with people of different heights. The reason is the large wheels that deliver a natural height ideal for pulling or pushing.
What’s more, it is lightweight and versatile. This is based on the fact that it weighs 16lbs, whereas it supports a 300lbs weight. Equipped with adjustable top pad bars, this cart can protect your kayak from scratches and dents. Plus, there is a spring-loaded kickstand to enhance stability while loading. The carrier cart can fold down to a compact size after use for secure transport and storage. It comes with cinch straps to secure the kayak on the cart for safe transportation.
- Spring-loaded kickstand for easy loading
- Large wheels for smooth movement.
- Foldable design for easy storage.
3. Challenger Outdoors Kayak Cart Carrier Dolly with Large Balloon Tires Heavy Duty Blue Frame
The Challenger Outdoors Kayak Cart responds to the need for a heavy-duty cart suitable for hauling a canoe and kayak across mud, sand, or loose gravel. It features low-pressure 12″ pneumatic tires. These tires have a high weight capacity, while their ultra-wide and durable design enables them to traverse across all conditions. What’s more, the cart features a solid V-shape frame. The frame features a blue powder coating to enhance resistance to rust and corrosion.
The kayak cart comes with a heavy-duty air pump for the convenient inflation of the tires. Also, it comes with a 12-foot buckle tie-down strap. The strap allows you to tie the kayak to the cart for safe transportation. The dual kickstand is another plus. It holds the cart steadily while loading the kayak for safety. The kayak cart is foldable for secure storage after use. Its frame features a foam padding to safeguard the kayak from damage and scratches during transit.
- Removable tires for compact and secure storage
- 12-feet tie-down strap secures the vessel to the cart.
- Powder-coated V-shape solid frame enhances durability
2. Bend Kayak Canoe Boat Carrier Dolly Trailer Tote Trolley Transport Cart Wheel
This is a durable kayak cart constructed using tough aluminum alloy tubing. The tubing resists corrosion, whereas the frame is welded for durability. The cart integrates high-quality wheels enabling it to move smoothly on a variety of surfaces. Additionally, the frame features several pads to safeguard the kayak from scratches and dents. The cart includes tie-down straps that secure the kayak to the cart during transportation. Plus, the cart can fold into a compact size for secure transport after use.
- Tough alloy tubing and a welded construction for durability.
- Rugged wheels for smooth movement.
- Padded tubes protect the kayak from scratches.
1. New Kayak Canoe Jon Boat Carrier Dolly Trailer Tote Trolley
The Jon Boat Carrier is one of the perfect choices for hauling your kayak or canoe from the parking lot to the lake. It integrates treaded pneumatic tires. The tires can roll smoothly across sand and gravel for effortless movement. Additionally, the cart features a solid metal frame. This frame is resistant to rust and corrosion for durable use. The arms of the cart feature foam bumpers to protect the canoe or kayak from damage.
Plus, the cart comes with a 12feet long tie-down strap. You can use the strap to secure the kayak to the cart for secure transportation. Loading a kayak to the cart is one of the easiest tasks, thanks to the spring-loaded stand that keeps the dolly propped up for quick loading. Additionally, the cart is easy to store. The reason is the foldable design that allows for compact storage. The cradle arms can be connected using a 13″ nylon strap to protect them from opening too wide.
- Double-leg kickstand for easy loading.
- Solid metal frame for durability.
- A long tie-down strap secures the kayak to the cart.
The best kayak carts reviewed in this article are durable, easy to maneuver, versatile, and safe to use. Therefore, buy one of them and forget about the difficult work of the need to carry a heavy kayak when you want to get into the water.