Scooters are fun to use and let you explore your environment in a different kind of way. Once you are hooked on a scooter, you will not feel the same without it. However, there are restrictions to most scooters in terms of their navigation capability. Most do not find rough terrains easy to navigate. The main reason for this is that scooter tires are usually small among other factors. We recognize the need for a scooter that can be used in practically all types of terrain. The scooters in this review tackle this head on to give you some of our favorites.
First, the scooters have to be strong enough to handle such kinds of environments. All scooters on this list are made of durable materials ensuring you get good service for many years. As said before they have to be designed differently from basic scooters. The ones on this review achieve these stringent qualities to be on this list. We have also considered the factors below when selecting these scooters.
- List Of Best Off-Road Scooter Reviews in 2019:
- 8. BIKESTAR® Original Safety Pro Sport Off-Road Scooters
- 7. Razor 13013205 A5 Air Scooter – Off-Road Kick Scooter
- 6. Razor RX200 Electric Off-Road Scooter
- 5. Xspec Freestyle Aluminum Kick Pro Dirt Scooter – Best Off-Road Scooters
- 4. BIKESTAR® Original Best Off-Road Scooters
- 3. Qiewa Qpower Electric Off-Road Scooters 1200W Duble Motor with 11-inch off-road tires
- 2. Osprey Terrain Off Road Dirt Scooter – Best Off-Road Scooters
- 1. UBERSCOOT 1600 48volt Electric Scooter – Best Off-Road Scooters
- What to consider when an Off Road Scooter
- Why you need an Off Road Scooter
- To wrap it up
List Of Best Off-Road Scooter Reviews in 2019:
8. BIKESTAR® Original Safety Pro Sport Off-Road Scooters
- By: BIKESTAR Off-Road Scooters
Starting of our review is this off-road scooter from BIKESTAR. It is made of a durable steel frame and pneumatic tires. Its tires are air filled to give maximum comfort to the user on tough terrain. The frame is pained with a glittering sunny orange color. It comes with strong rear wheel brakes that guarantee you instant stoppage when required. The steering wheel on this scooter has bearings for easy steering and a long lifespan on the scooter. The German manufacturer offers a wide range of children’s vehicles. They are readily available if you need any spare parts for the scooter.
This BIKESTAR scooter is recommended for use to people of years and above. A huge and strong rear wheel makes playing safe and secure on this scooter. This scooter can be assembled in under 10 minutes. When disassembled you can carry it easily because space is saved. The footboard is skit proof ensuring maximum stability for the user.
- The brake handgrips have an adjustment function that makes it suitable for children.
- A protective safety pad is contained on the steering wheel.
7. Razor 13013205 A5 Air Scooter – Off-Road Kick Scooter
- By: RAZOR Off-Road Scooters
This scooter from Razor is sturdy and easy to put together. It is made of an aircraft grade aluminum frame. Tubular BMX style steel fork adds to this durability and at the same time reduce the overall weight of the scooter. With a weight of only 14.9 pounds, when fully assembled, carrying it around will not be a bother. With its strong frame, even adults can use this scooter to move around easily. All you have to do is fill the tires and you can move over common pavements and sidewalks. Navigating around with this scooter is fun and easy.
- Soft rubber grips keep your hand comfortable while using the scooter on tough terrain.
- A rear fender brake allows you to stop the scooter rather than just using your feet to slow down.
6. Razor RX200 Electric Off-Road Scooter
- By: Razor Off-Road Scooters
The Razor RX200 is built for the toughest of terrains. It features off-road tires, disk brake and you can switch gears for varying terrain. Yes, it is electric. With all these, you can achieve speeds of up to 12 miles per hour. The motor connects to the rear tires using a chain and achieves varying levels of torque, according to the rider’s preference. You can coast with this scooter on a flat terrain for up to 40 minutes on one full charge. Its tires are filled up to 60 PSI ensuring the user get comfort on the toughest of terrains. It is recommended for ages of 13 years and above. It can support a rider of up to 154 pounds.
With this scooter, playing outside will be a fun activity for any user. Razor pride themselves in turning couch potatoes to riding addicts.
- A retractable kickstand is included for the on and off riders in this off-road scooter.
- Hand operated disk brakes are fitted on this scooter. This provides an extra layer of safety.
5. Xspec Freestyle Aluminum Kick Pro Dirt Scooter – Best Off-Road Scooters
- By: Xspec Off-Road Scooters
The Xspec off-road scooter is perfect for teens and adults who would like to take their skill notch higher. Thick BMX style handlebars, deck, and headset allow for jumps and tricks on this scooter without breaking a sweat. This scooter is perfect for many users across the spectrum in terms of age or weight capacity. It has unique and strong aluminum rims. These rims will give you peace of mind when riding on tough terrains since they will not bend under pressure.
- This scooter has super thick handlebar down tube that adds to the ergonomic design and user freedom.
- This scooter has a threadless headset and the bar design offer maximum grip to the user.
4. BIKESTAR® Original Best Off-Road Scooters
- By: BIKESTAR Off-Road Scooters
This scooter from BIKESTAR has a unique design that offers maximum comfort and maneuverability to the user. Its 12-inch air filled tires can handle the toughest of surfaces with ease. The wide handlebars allow the user to navigate much easier this scooter looks like a bike at first with the wide handlebars. However, it is made this way for easy navigation. Even first-timers get the balance right with few number of tries when compared to other types of scooters. Its steering contains bearings that make the scooter easy to turn.
- Has impact resistant paint finish for an extra layer of protection from rust
- This BIKESTAR scooter contains bells and whistles.
3. Qiewa Qpower Electric Off-Road Scooters 1200W Duble Motor with 11-inch off-road tires
- By: QIEWA Off-Road Scooters
This scooter from Qiewa is made for people who live in tough terrains rather than city streets or asphalt roads. It is boosted by a double motor power of up to 1200 watts. With all this power, you can go on driving it for a distance of 80 kilometers on a flat surface. This will vary according to the angles you orientation you are riding on. This scooter also achieves speeds of up to 85 kilometers per hour. Imagine that. You can load it with a maximum weight of up to 250 Kgs.
To assist in bumpy terrain, asides form inflated tires, this scooter comes with dual shock absorbers. It has hydraulic brakes that are reliable to use for extra safety. This scooter contains headlights attached near the front wheels for navigation in the dark or dew. It also contains brake lights to warn other road users. This is basically more of a car than a scooter in our view.
- A free seat is included in the purchase to use on the bike and seat on it for extra comfort.
- In under 2 seconds, you can fold it for easy storage of carrying this amazing scooter from Qiewa.
2. Osprey Terrain Off Road Dirt Scooter – Best Off-Road Scooters
- By: Osprey Off-Road Scooters
This wonderful bike from Osprey is made of chrome bars and an aluminum deck. It also has 200 mm off road tires for a tight grip on many types of surfaces. Stainless steel rear brakes are included for extra stopping power even on dirt surfaces. Off-Road Scooter features a maximum grip bar with locks and a headless headset. This Osprey scooter is built and tested for durable performance on any kind of terrain with its ergonomic design.
- The split core hub design looks stylish and is practical.
- This scooter has a unique color combination that makes it stand out.
1. UBERSCOOT 1600 48volt Electric Scooter – Best Off-Road Scooters
- By: BIG TOYS Off-Road Scooters
Coming in at number 1 in this list is this amazing scooter from BIG TOYS. It makes other scooters look archaic with all its new features. It has revolutionary technologies for a scooter, and the competition is yet to catch up. The amazing thing about this is that it is not as expensive as one may have thought.
The uberscoot is powered by 1600 watts making it very powerful. The toughest of terrains will not be a challenge to a user of this scooter. Off-Road Scooter has powerful torque speed that is way ahead of the competition. This scooter contains large 12-inch tires and shock absorbers that give an even and smooth ride to the user.
- This scooter has an economy mode button to slow down acceleration and top speed in order to conserve energy.
- It ships with a quick release seat that can be applied when required.
- Has a key ignition, just like a car.
What to consider when an Off Road Scooter
The capacity of the scooter: these scooters are designed to be comfortable for different people in terms of weight and age. It is vital that the scooter you want to buy is useful for you or your kid. Manufacturers mention some of these specifications on their page.
Features: some of the scooters on this list come with extra features that are groundbreaking. For example, some in this list are electrically powered to reduce your effort. Scooters like these are considered high end and are generally much more expensive. If you can afford to get one, we do recommend this if necessary.
Price: prices vary from scooter to scooter. This is mainly dependent on the materials used to make the scooter and the features as mentioned above. For a quick action for you, look to see how much you are willing to spend on a scooter. Then choose the highest one for that price. We have saved your time by looking deep into what is offered on the scooter and see to it that you do get value for money.
Maintenance: look to ensure that your supplier is readily available for spares on your scooter if needs be. The scooters are made of material and go through strenuous activities. From time to time, damages are bound to happen. We have witnessed cases in which some loose a tire and throw the whole scooter away. They just could not find a spare part. With the scooters in this review, you will not face that problem since the manufacturers in this list are reputable and it is easy to get a spare from them.
Why you need an Off Road Scooter
A new kind of movement: navigating around in your scooter is very refreshing. Moreover, you can move from place to place and cover a wider range by using even less effort than walking. You will save time and money with any of these scooters. As a bonus, with an off-road scooter, you are not restricted to pavements and sidewalks, you can go to the countryside and take it all in on your scooter.
Fun exercise: scooters are a great way to navigate and view your environment. Kids will love to play on the scooter, and at the same time will get the benefits of going out to their bodies and well-being.
To wrap it up
Remember to get a scooter that can accommodate you or the person you are buying it for. We cannot reiterate this enough. Moving on, the scooters on this list are carefully considered to lessen your hassle when looking for one. You can take these scooters to whichever place you would like and get to enjoy all the benefits. Please do not forget to wear your helmet when using either of these scooters. This is a sporting activity with rules and regulations. Ensure the highest safety standards for the use of either of these scooters.