Irrespective of whether you are a construction professional or are handling a challenging DIY project, you need to find the perfect reciprocating saw in the market to get the job done to perfection. Making your way through the many saws out there, however, can be quite a challenge and can eat into your precious time. To help you out, therefore, this list of the top 10 best reciprocating saws of 2019 has been put together, along with their key features so that you can decide which one will fit your requirements perfectly.
- Buyer’s Guide
- 10. Black & Decker RS500K 8.5-Amp Reciprocating Saw Kit
- 9. Ryobi P515 One+ Lithium Ion Cordless Reciprocating Saw
- 8. SKIL 9216-01 9 Amp Variable Speed Reciprocating Saw
- 7. PORTER CABLE PCC670B 20-volt MAX Lithium Bare Reciprocating Tigersaw
- 6. DEWALT Bare-Tool DC385B 18-Volt Cordless Reciprocating Saw
- 5. DEWALT DWE305 12 Amp Corded Reciprocating Saw
- 4. DEWALT DCS387B 20-volt MAX Compact Reciprocating Saw (tool only)
- 3. DEWALT DWE304 10-Amp Reciprocating Saw
- 2. Makita JR3050T 11 Amp Reciprocating Saw
- 1. BLACK+DECKER BDCR20B 20V MAX Lithium Reciprocating Saw
Although saws are designed to make exact cuts, reciprocating saws are ideal to use where rough cuts are needed. There is a lot of power sent to the blade which lets you cut through material that can be quite a challenge otherwise.
When choosing a reciprocating saw, consider the weight and size of the unit that you’re planning to buy, along with the length of time that you will be running them. Experts recommend using corded, powerful saws for heavy duty projects since cordless saws depend on batteries that may run down with heavy use.
Review your options and choose a saw that is powerful enough for you, although a unit that has a motor over 10 amps is ideal for heavy duty jobs.
Most saws come with blade changes, adjustable shoes and a storage case for easy transportation. If you plan to use your reciprocating saw for multiple applications, choose on with variable speed and speed regulation for better control. The saws presented here are ideal for smaller DIY projects as well as more elaborate, professional applications.
10. Black & Decker RS500K 8.5-Amp Reciprocating Saw Kit
Make your project more efficient when you empower yourself with this high-performance saw kit. It comes with an 8.5 amp motor for fast cutting and the variable speeds give you greater control no matter what your application is. It’s soft grip makes it easy to hold and control even during extended use and it comes with a quick clamp tool that lets you change blades quickly and easily. This reciprocating saw kit is perfect for use with metal, wood and even plastic, and is the ideal choice if you’re looking for versatility, high performance and superior control in the process of your project.
- Cuts through heavy-gauge metals, nail-embedded wood, fiberglass and drywall, among others.
- Perfect for tough pruning jobs in the garden.
- Offers efficient cutting performance, thanks to its powerful motor.
- It has a lightweight design with superior grip for better control and less fatigue during a project.
- It includes a metal cutting blade and a wood cutting blade which can easily be swapped with the quick clamp feature.
- Includes a handy carrying case.
- It is covered by a 2-year warranty.9. Ryobi P515 One+ 18V 7/8 Inch Stroke Length 3,100 RPM
9. Ryobi P515 One+ Lithium Ion Cordless Reciprocating Saw
If you’re looking for a reciprocating saw kit that gives you ease of use, flexibility, good control and high performance, you’ll love this tool. It simplifies any kind of work on hand, be it renovation, demolition or even landscaping. It easily cuts through surfaces and materials that your regular circular saw cannot get through, and with its 3100 reciprocations per minute, performs to perfection. It works with any T-shaped blade and features the option to change blades quickly without having to resort to any other tool. Additionally, its rubber grip and anti-vibration handle allow you to keep it under control comfortably, even for extensive applications.
- Includes a variable speed trigger that lets you control the saw speed based on the job on hand.
- Features quick blade changes to any T-shaped blade without having to use other tools.
- Rubber overmold offers superiors grip.
- Anti-vibration handle lets you work in comfort without the usual rattling and slipping.
- The saw is compatible with different Ryobi 18V batteries so you won’t run out of power.
8. SKIL 9216-01 9 Amp Variable Speed Reciprocating Saw
Extremely powerful with a mighty 9 amp motor, this variable speed reciprocating saw is a boon for anyone who appreciates the need for ample capacity during a project. This solid saw is easy to use and comes with a power-on indicator to let you know when it is plugged in and ready to use. Blade changes are easy and don’t require any tools, and it includes a pivotal foot to give it added stability when dealing with tough materials.
- Includes heavy duty metal housing for long-lasting performance.
- Has a 9 amp motor for superior performance.
- Variable speed lets you control use for different projects.
- Easy to change blades, without use of tools.7.
7. PORTER CABLE PCC670B 20-volt MAX Lithium Bare Reciprocating Tigersaw
This reciprocating tigersaw features all the power needed for aggressive cutting, while its compact design makes it easy to use. Featuring a 1-inch stroke legth and up to 3000 SPM, this powerful cordless saw works well with different materials. It has a molded handle for easy grip, and the variable speed trigger lets you control it for different applications.
- Tool-free blade change system for quick blade changes.
- Compact design works perfectly for hard to reach spots.
- High performance saw is ideal for aggressive cutting requirements.
- Molded and contoured handle is easy to hold.
- Cordless reciprocating saw includes a variable speed trigger for greater control.
6. DEWALT Bare-Tool DC385B 18-Volt Cordless Reciprocating Saw
Blending power and convenience into one neat unit, this cordless reciprocating saw is an amazing choice for any professional or DIY project. It features an anti-slip grip handle for good control while you’re cutting, and a pivoting adjustable shoe with its top open so you have maximum visibility. Its four-position blade clamp ensures perfect cutting, and the blades can be changed easily.
- Powerful performance with up to 3000 RPM for amazingly fast cutting speed.
- Solid body made of plastic and metal is durable.
- Anti-slip grip gives better control while using.
- Features easy to change, lever-action blade clamp.
- Perfect cutting is possible, thanks to the 4-position blade clamp.5. DEWALT DWE305 12 Amp Corded Reciprocating Saw
5. DEWALT DWE305 12 Amp Corded Reciprocating Saw
Power up your DIY project with this neat, powerful 12 amp reciprocating saw. It features a keyless lever-action blade clamp that makes it easy to change blades, and a variable speed trigger for better control over your work. It is perfect to a whole range of materials including fiberglass, metals, plaster, drywall, rubber and plastics, and its 4-position blade clamp lets you get a clean cut each time.
- 12 amp motor for powerful performance.
- Performs up to 2900 strokes per minute and a 1-inch stroke length for fast and smooth cutting.
- Variable speed trigger provides better control.
- Quick and easy blade changes are possible with the keyless lever-action blade clamp.
4. DEWALT DCS387B 20-volt MAX Compact Reciprocating Saw (tool only)
Power up this lightweight reciprocating saw and enjoy the ease with which you get your projects completed. This compact saw is just 14.5-inches in length and fits well in hard to reach places for superior cutting. It comes with a variable speed trigger that lets you go up to 2900 SPM for clean cuts, while its 1-1/8 inch stroke length makes cutting much faster. This small but powerful 20-volt saw has a 4-position blade clamp for flush cutting.
- Lightweight reciprocating saw is easy to use.
- Compact design fits well in small places.
- Variable speed trigger offers superior control.
- 4-position blade clamp is easy to change and offers flush cutting.
3. DEWALT DWE304 10-Amp Reciprocating Saw
Complement your professional or DIY project with this powerful 10 amp reciprocating saw and gift yourself an able companion for those tough to handle jobs. This solid saw comes with a variable speed trigger that lets to control speeds up to 2800 SPM depending on the job on hand, and lets you cut through metals, plaster, rubber, composites, fiberglass, plastics and even nail embedded wood. Blades are easy to change and its 4-position blade clamp lets you enjoy greater cutting versatility.
- 10 amp motor delivers superior performance.
- Imported reciprocating saw features variable speed control for different applications.
- Ideal to use with different types of materials.
- Variable speed trigger lets you control speeds easily, up to 2800 SPM.
- Easy blade changes thanks to the keyless lever-action blade clamp.
2. Makita JR3050T 11 Amp Reciprocating Saw
This neat saw’s winning feature is its internal dust blower that clears your cutting line, keeping it free from debris. It has a large trigger that lets you easily adjust speeds, while its 11 amp motor truly delivers superior performance.
- Life-extending ball and needle bearings which are easy to maintain.
- Powerful 11 amp motor for heavy duty projects.
- Easily adjustable blades and shoes.
- Comes with a plastic case to store it conveniently.
1. BLACK+DECKER BDCR20B 20V MAX Lithium Reciprocating Saw
This convenient, powerful reciprocating saw with its 7/8-inch stroke length lets you cut through tough material quickly and easily. It includes a pivoting shoe that lets you have greater control and a variable speed trigger to easily change speeds depending on the job on hand. Its lightweight construction is amazingly durable, and its blades are easy to change without the use of additional tools.
- Features a stroke length of 7/8 inch for quick cutting.
- Pivoting shoe provides greater control.
- Blade changes are easy and tool-free.
- Variable speed trigger allows control of speeds.
- 20-volt reciprocating saw is lightweight and easy to use.
A reciprocating saw is a powerful, diverse tool that gives you crucial assistance during a construction, demolition or DIY project. Any additional features that come with the kit add convenience and durability to it. Select the style, type and power that works well for you and you will have a piece of equipment that will be your close companion for projects that a regular circular saw won’t be able to handle.