Gone are the times when you have to fit outdoor lights that stayed on all night long. This meant that the lights stayed on even when it wasn’t necessary. Also, you had to dig deeper into your pocket to foot the rising power bills. Nowadays, you can still enjoy the same if not better security and convenience with outdoor motion sensor/detector lights.
They come with a sensor that lights up the lights when movement or motion is detected. To keep up with ever-increasing demands, manufacturers have developed all kinds of products. However, as we know, not every product is satisfactory. To make choosing the right item easy, convenient, and to save time, we researched the market and managed to identify the best outdoor motion sensor lights in 2019.
- 10. ORIA, Motion Sensor Light
- 9. MAXSA, Motion-Activated LED Light
- 8. Mr. Beams, MB530 Wireless Battery-Operated Indoor/Outdoor Motion-Sensing LED Light
- 7. RAB Lighting, STL360 Super Stealth 360 Sensor Light
- 6. Mr. Beams, MB360 Wireless LED Motion Sensor Spotlight
- 5. Aootek, New Upgraded Solar Deck Lights
- 4. RAB Lighting, Super Stealth 360 Sensor Light
- 3. Litom, 24 LED Solar Outdoor Lights
- 2. RAB, Super Stealth 360 Sensor Light
- 1. URPOWER, 2-in-1 Solar LED Spotlight
Choosing the best motion sensor light
The following things play a leading role in finding the perfect light:
- Sensing Distance: it’s important to choose a light with the right sensing distance. Too short and it will fail to detect any motion meaning it will not light up. When it’s too long, it will turn-on when it senses objects that are beyond your perimeters;
- Weatherproof: Since it is going to be placed outdoor, the light needs to be weatherproof. It shouldn’t be affected by rain, the wind, snow, the sun and other elements. It should also be well protected against creatures like birds, insects, and rodents;
- Light intensity: It should emit adequate light that properly illuminates the targeted zones. Types that focus on security are usually more powerful (at least 300 watts) than those installed for decorative purposes (150 watts); and
- Coverage width: the sensor should be adequate for the targeted area. This is usually measured in degrees and the larger the value the better the angle of coverage. A half circle is 180 degrees and can be mounted on a wall while a type with 360-degree coverage can be mounted on a central point.Also important to look at is the energy efficient, price, brand reputation, variable lighting, and design.
Best Outdoor Motion Sensor Lights in 2019
10. ORIA, Motion Sensor Light
The ORIA motion sensor light comes in a set of 3 and comprises of 6 LEDs. The battery-powered unit is designed for outdoor applications including the deck, patio, garden, backyard, and lawn.
It can also be used indoors to light the hallway, closet, bedroom, stairs, and a kitchen. It will automatically turn on when it detects movement in the dark. The light stays on for about 10 seconds and has sensing distance of 10 feet. In addition to the easy installation, good quality, and is weatherproof. This unit is liked for its good range and wireless nature. The only issue is that it doesn’t come with batteries.
9. MAXSA, Motion-Activated LED Light
The Maxsa motion-activated light is designed for use indoors or outdoors. The LED light comes in a Dark Bronze color that improves its discreteness.
The easy-to-install unit can illuminate up to a distance of 150 feet and runs on 4 D batteries. Other than the garden, patio, deck, garden, and backyard, this item can be fitted in the bathroom, strategy, hallway, and closet. It praised for its simplicity, easy installation, decent illumination, and good coverage. The main complaint is that it isn’t ultra bright.
8. Mr. Beams, MB530 Wireless Battery-Operated Indoor/Outdoor Motion-Sensing LED Light
The Mr. Beams MB530 motion sensing light emits bright light and is fit for both indoor and outdoor application. It is ideal for an area not more than 120 square feet and can stay on for between 20 to 60 seconds depending on the setting.
The light can sense motion as far as 12 feet and will instantly trigger the light thanks to the super sensor. Although it produces powerful white light (35 lumens) this Led unit is energy efficient. It is battery-operated meaning there are no loose wires. Consumers love the simple design, powerful light beams, good sensing range, and coverage. It’s also easy to install and weatherproof.
7. RAB Lighting, STL360 Super Stealth 360 Sensor Light
Coming in a single pack is the STL360 Super Stealth light by RAB Lighting. The motion sensing light is one of the most powerful and is rated 1000 watts. It has a 360-degree detecting angle that makes it perfect for many situations.
The unit is made of die-cast aluminum for strength and to withstand the elements while the color-matched lens and bronze color make it hard to see. It is worth buying because of its powerful bright light, sturdy construction, quick and easy installation, and durability. Unfortunately, it doesn’t support 220-240v power sources.
6. Mr. Beams, MB360 Wireless LED Motion Sensor Spotlight
Producing up to 140 lumens of light, this motion sensor light by Mr. Beams is suitable for the indoors and outdoors. The weatherproof unit can withstand the elements and is easy to install. Thanks to the wireless nature, it can be installed almost anywhere and isn’t limited by wires.
The battery-powered light has coverage of up to 350 square feet and includes a photocell that ensures it only lights up in the dark. Its key advantages are the easy installation, wireless, weatherproof, sturdy construction and durable. A number of consumers argue that it is not very bright.
5. Aootek, New Upgraded Solar Deck Lights
The Aootek solar deck is ideal for the deck, patio yard, garden and other outdoor uses. It comes in 4-pack for better coverage and is powered via the sun’s energy. The simple accessory can easily be mounted anywhere and is waterproof. It features 20 powerful and energy-efficient LEDs and emits up to 160 lumens of light.
The built-in sensor automatically turn-on the unit when darkness checks in and switches it off when dawn breaks. the motion sensor keeps the light on for up to 20 seconds while the built-in solar rechargeable 1000mAh lithium-ion battery can store power for as many as 8 hours. The pros of this light include bright light, waterproof, energy-efficient, easy to install, and good sensing range. The con is that its operation is affected by clouds.
4. RAB Lighting, Super Stealth 360 Sensor Light
Lighting One of the reasons that people vouch for the Super Stealth motion sensor light is its versatility. You can vary the lighting intensity to suit the need at hand and also comes in a user-friendly 2-pack design. The unit has a 360-degree detection angle (downwards) as well as 180-degree detection (outwards).
It’s made from weatherproof materials to tolerate the outdoors and has a maximum rating of 1,000 watts. The integrated surge protector can tolerate up to 6,000 volts whereas the evening timer can be set to stay on for 1 to 8 hours. Its main positives are easy to setup, high brightness, flexible, and good sensing range. Unfortunately, it isn’t designed for 220 volts.
3. Litom, 24 LED Solar Outdoor Lights
With a luminosity of 526 lumens, the Litom 24-LED solar light is among the brightest motion sensor lights on the market. It comes in a 2-pack and consist of a unique wide-angle design for better coverage. The wireless unit can be mounted almost anywhere thanks to the absence of wires.
It comes with three lighting modes: Full-on, reduced, and Motion Detection modes. The accessory can be fitted to the backdoor, front door, deck, driveway, garage, fence, path, entry, balcony and many other places. The sensor is functional up to 26 feet away and the recommend installation height is 5.6-6.6 feet. The light is very bright, easy to install, affordable, weatherproof, and nicely packaged.
2. RAB, Super Stealth 360 Sensor Light
Coming in white color and consisting of 2 H101 shielded Bell flood lights, the RAB STL360HW is one of the powerful and user-friendly motion-sensor lights in the market. It has a downward detection angle of 360 degrees and upward detection angle of 180 degrees and this makes it perfect for most applications.
The high quality and durable light is made from sturdy die-cast aluminum and comes in a 2-pack. It features a photocell for dusk-to-dawn operation and a 6000V surge protection. While the light gets praise for its solid construction, quality lighting, easy installation, and good sensitivity, it gets bashed for not being ultra bright.
1. URPOWER, 2-in-1 Solar LED Spotlight
The URPOWER Dark sensing light can be mounted on a wall or stuck into the ground using a pole. It features 4 LEDs that are powered via a rechargeable 2200mAh lithium-ion battery. Each bulb emits 50 lms giving a total of 200 lms.
It comes with a strong waterproof case and can be adjusted to suit different situations and needs. Its positives include compact design, waterproof, simple installation, eco-friendly and easy operation. The negative is it’s not super bright.
Motion sensor lights are the way to go when it comes to outdoor lighting. They only light up when necessary, lower the cost of power, and improve the security as well as the beauty of your surrounding. With so many types in the market, picking particular light isn’t easy. In fact, you may easily get confused or overwhelmed.
A better approach is using this top 10 best outdoor motion sensor lights in 2019 review as your buying guide. We have picked the best on the market, and you are guaranteed of quality lighting, reliability, energy efficiency, and peace-of-mind. Choose the best, and enjoy maximum satisfaction.