When towing a trailer with a heavy load, you will have limited control of your trailer. The best trailer brake controllers are crucial pieces of equipment that ensure a smoother ride. When hauling heavy loads, your vehicle’s brakes are not enough to control the trailer. These controllers will also decrease the load on the trailer braking system. With these gadgets, you will not only break your vehicle’s wheels but also wheels of your trailer. By doing so, you can prevent jackknifing as well as other situations that can make you lose control of your trailer. If you are confused about the best model because of the various choices on the market, you have landed at the right place. In this guide, we have reviewed the top best trailer brake controllers on the market to help you choose a model that suits your needs and budget.
- Top 10 Best Trailer Brake Controllers Reviews
- 10. Tekonsha 90195 P3 Brake Control
- 9. Tekonsha 90160 Primus IQ Brake Control
- 8. Reese Towpower Brake Control 8508211
- 7. Tekonsha 90885 Prodigy Brake Control
- 6. Reese Towpower 8507111 Brakeman IV Digital Brake Control
- 5. DRAW TITE 20201 I-Stop IQ Electronic Brake Control
- 4. CURT 51140 TriFlex Brake Control
- 3. CURT 51120 Discovery Brake Control
- 2. CURT Venturer Brake Controller
- 1. ECustomhitch Pod 80500 Trailer Brake Controller
- Related Posts
Top 10 Best Trailer Brake Controllers Reviews
No products found.
10. Tekonsha 90195 P3 Brake Control
Tekonsha 90195 P3 is one of the few advanced electronic trailer brake control available on the market. A true proportional braking system that comes with added features makes it versatile and easier. This unit comes with a unit LCD display with three languages namely English, Spanish, and French. Besides, it comes with multiple color options making it look great. When it comes to functionality, this unit displays the brake diagnostics, system alerts, as well as output feature.
- Compact, dash-hugging design
- Easy to read LCD display
- Features a Boost feature for multiple level customization
- Has an integrated Plug and play port making it easy to install
9. Tekonsha 90160 Primus IQ Brake Control
The Tekonsha 90160 comes with plug and play adapters making it one of the easiest tool to use. Another feature that makes it stand out is that the performance that allows it to work in reverse proportionally. As if this is not enough, this unit comes unique self-diagnostic features make the to LED screen illuminate in case of issues. Other feature that makes it stand out includes the snap-mounting clip and boost feature.
- Comes with an innovative boost feature
- Innovative features ensure better controls
- Large LED screen
- Works effectively with most cars
8. Reese Towpower Brake Control 8508211
The Towpower 8508211 brake control offers you with an advanced proportional brake by applying brake pressure to match your car deceleration rate. This allows you to get smoother stops than the traditional time-based controls. This model also comes with a boost feature that gives the capability to apply to brake at the start of stopping especially when it comes to heavier loads towing. What’s more, this unit comes with an easy to read LED display.
- Reverse battery protection
- Incorporated with a Boost feature that offers the ability to apply initial trailer braking
- No leveling required
- Comes with an easy to read LED display
7. Tekonsha 90885 Prodigy Brake Control
The Prodigy P2 is another multifunctional brake control from Tekonsha that works for hand in hand with hydraulic brake controlling up to four braking axles. This unit comes with a simple control that displays the voltage, deceleration rate, as well as trailer braking. Thanks to the 360 degrees vertical rotation you will get various mounting choices. Besides this unit comes with a disconnect feature that lets you remove the control when idle.
- Offers control for up to four braking axles
- A large Digital display shows the voltage delivery to trailer during braking
- Come s with 360-degree vertical rotation for flexibility
- Features Continual diagnostics check to ensure proper connection
6. Reese Towpower 8507111 Brakeman IV Digital Brake Control
The Towpower 8507111 Brakeman control is a smart brake controller that is designed to mount in any direction with no leveling required. The unit boasts of a compact design and prewired plug and play feature that enables a fast connection. Additionally, this unit comes with a large and bright digital display that indicated the sync setting, output setting, short connection, as well as brake overload.
- Small compact design
- Features easy push-button adjustment controls
- Large digital display clearly indicates the output setting
- Comes with an advanced internal circuit protection
5. DRAW TITE 20201 I-Stop IQ Electronic Brake Control
Powered by the primary sensor technology, this model will surely give you the performance you want. The unit comes with a boost feature giving you the ability to apply initial trailer braking. This makes it great for moving all trailers including the heavier ones. Besides, similar to other high-end models this unit works proportionally in reverse allowing backing into tight spots.
- Comes with simple to connect plug and play adapters
- Includes the boost feature
- Self-diagnostics comes with LED readout
- Features a snap-in mounting clip
4. CURT 51140 TriFlex Brake Control
Built to offer more power for quick and efficient stops, the CURT 51140 brake control will allow you to drive without having to worry about your trailer. This controller tales precision and the right amount of control ensuring better performance. What’s more, this model is integrated with a circuit component that allows it to detect the motion of your vehicle and offer the exact precision for optimal control.
- Motion sensing accelerometer ensures smoother stops
- Comes with nine levels of sensitivity adjustment
- Has auto leveling and calibration
- Dynamic power adjustment
3. CURT 51120 Discovery Brake Control
Thanks to its versatile design, the Curt 51120 mounts at any angle making it a perfect choice for everyone. This unit comes with an auto power adjustment feature that allows you to stay focused when driving. The unit is also compatible with anti-lock brakes as well as cruise control. For user convenience the unit also comes with the mounting bracket and hardware included, making it easy to install.
- Versatile allowing it to mount on almost all cars
- Operates two to eight trailer brakes at a time
- Doesn’t require any internal moving parts
- No leveling is required
2. CURT Venturer Brake Controller
If you are looking for a compact, simple to set brake controller, the Venture might be your best bet. This brake controller is easy to mount at any angle, making it easy to use with various trailers. Additionally, this model comes with an auto power adjustment feature that has the ability to operate three axles at the same time. Besides this unit, come is compatible with cruise controls and anti-lock brakes.
- Works well with most vehicles
- Very easy to attach
- Efficient while remaining affordable
- Well built to ensure durability and optimal performance
1. ECustomhitch Pod 80500 Trailer Brake Controller
If you are looking for a versatile brake controller that offers you with various innovative features, this might be your best bet. This unit is designed to automatically detect hills ensuring that your trailer will be more responsive to break inputs as you descend or climb. This unit also offers excellent accelerometer controlled proportional braking without having to make any modification to your car. This makes it a perfect choice for people who love renting trunks instead of purchasing one. Read more about the bike trainer.
- Doesn’t require any wiring harness
- Hassle free plug and play port
- Offers Different levels of customized braking
- Gives you lots of control over the trailer